Since 2008, Andrea Lauer Rice has acted as Mistress of Ceremonies for the annual Hungarian American Coalition Gala Dinner. For the past several years, it has been held at the House of Sweden in Washington D.C.
The dinners often include VIPs and dignitaries such as:
- Congressmen Tom Lantos, Marcy Kaptur, Dennis Ross,
- Ambassadors April Foley, Reka Szemerkenyi, and many more,
- and representatives from both the United States and Hungarian governments.
Lauer Rice has helped present awards to:
- Governor George Pataki,
- Ambassador George H. Walker
- and Founder of Susan G. Komen Nancy Brinker
- among others.