For the past eight years, Andrea Lauer Rice has served as Mistress of Ceremonies for the annual Hungarian American Coalition Mikulas Dinner. The Dinner is held at the Hungarian Embassy in Washington, D.C. and usually contains 100 guests.
These dinners include VIPs and dignitaries such as:
- Hungarian Prime Minister Gordon Bajnai,
- President of Hungary Dr. Pal Schmitt,
- Hungarian Foreign Minister Janos Martonyi,
- Governor George Pataki,
- Ambassadors from the United States, Hungary and other countries,
- Congressmen Tom Lantos and Dennis Ross
- and representatives from the United States and Hungarian governments.
The dinners also feature a cultural performance, keynote presentation and award presentations.